1) One book that changed your life?
It's not one book. It's The Dark is Rising series by Susan Cooper. It is the series of young adult books that opened my eyes to the magic of reading and world creation. It is because of this series I became an author myself.
2) One book you have read more than once?
There are many. I suspect Dune by Frank Herbert and The Stand by Stephen King and the Matador series by Steve Perry rank in the top of the list for rereading.
3) One book you would want on a desert island?
Only one book? Probably something useful like the Survivalists Guide. But for entertainment, The Stand.
4) One book that made you laugh?
Lots of books make me laugh. The last one in specific that I remember is The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde.
5) One book that made you cry?
The last one I can remember is The Dark Tower by Stephen King.
6) One book you wish had been written?
The biography of the man who invented Teleporter Doors.
7) One book you wish had never had been written?
Lord Foul's Bane by Stephen Donaldson. Never have I read a book that had such excellent writing but such unpleasant characters.
8) One book you are currently reading?
Only one? I'm reading three now. Destination Void by Frank Herbert, The Musashi Reflex by Steve Perry and The Design of Everyday Things by Donald A. Norman.
9) One book you have been meaning to read?
The Art of War by Sun Tzu
10) Now tag five people -
Not gonna. But if you want to do this meme, go for it.
Meme #2. I don't remember where I saw it but I decided I liked it.
Tell me about you.
1.Elaborate on your default icon.
It's a picture of my mouth, smiling. I like to imagine myself speaking to my readers.
2. What's your current relationship status?
3. Ever have a near-death experience?
4. Name an obvious quality you have.
The ability to create worlds and tell stories.
5. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
For once, I don't have a song stuck in my head.
6. Any celeb you would marry?
Marry? I doubt it without getting to know them first. Date - Vin Diesel is way up there on my list.
7. Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity?
Nope. But apparently I have doppelgangers all over the place.
8. Do you wear a watch? What kind?
Yes. Now. Specifically for my job. DKNY.
9. Do you have anything pierced?
My ears. Two holes each.
10. Do you have any tattoos?
Three and I'm looking at getting a fourth.
11. Do you like pain?
Depends on the situation.
12. Do you like to shop?
Yes. I do.
13. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Tickets to see the play The Secret Ruth's of Island House.
14. What was the last thing you paid for with your credit card?
15. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
16. What is on your desktop background?
It's a very large picture in black and white of a man looking at the camera. However, it is so large, you can only see the right side of his face looking at you. I just like the way it seems that he is watching me while I work.
17. What is the background on your cell phone?
Nada. OLD phone.
18. Do you like redheads?
In what context? I am a redhead. I like me.
19. Do you know any twins?
Yes. I am a twin.
20. Do you have any weird relatives?
No. I have awful relatives.
21. What was the last movie you watched?
22. What was the last book you read?
Completed? The Wolves of the Calla by Stephen King.